I cannot believe it! The loom is almost finished! For Reference, this is what the loom looked like when I started:
This is what the loom looks like now:
I still have some work to do with the pedals, the two furthest to the right do not seem to want to work right. It is amazing what a little hard work, primer, yellow paint, and Feed n’ Wax will do for a piece of furniture. Please note, I did paint the heddle rods inside each frame, I did not prime these pieces. That was a big mistake. I think it is simply the fact that I did not add primer and that the heddles are metal, but the paint has been flaking and chipping since I began putting the heddles back on. I believe now that they are on the rods the chipping will slow down, but it is something to be aware of.
Since this began life as a therapy loom there are weights on top of each heddle frame, I will not be keeping them there but I did want them painted to match the loom. I am so very excited to see the loom this close to being done, I have a semi-gloss topcoat that I will be putting on…well I intended to get it done soon but Mom is so excited to see what this device can do the final gloss might wait for the colder months!